RTMP is now available as an open specification to create products and technology that enable delivery of video, audio, and data in the open AMF, SWF, FLV, and F4V formats.
Online flash videos on BBC offering world news, information and ideas are streaming over RTMP protocol (Real Time Messaging Protocol). If you desire to save a video from BBC website, you’ll have to use a RTMP downloader - Streamingstar Video Downloader to grab the download URL from BBC and then save the stream video to your PC.
How can I download RTMP stream videos from BBC website effectively?
1. Download and install Streamingstar Video Downloader (Note: The program will ask you to download Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 if it is not installed on your PC. You can get Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 at here.)
2. Run Streamingstar Video Downloader. Its interface is very intuitive that you can input the prepared BBC video link address into the built-in browser or you can visit BBC and find a video to download straightforward on http://www.bbc.co.uk/news
3. Play that video online, and Streamingstar Video Downloader will grab the stream link (URL) and list them in “Unfinished” table.
4. Select the link and double-click it, the rtmp stream video is downloaded in no time.
5. The task moves to “Finished” table when it's completed downloading. And double-click the task again on “Finished” table, the video is play back on built-in media player.